See pricing for Module below!
Do you teach midwifery, nursing, women’s studies, physician assistant, health education, human biology? Would you like a product that helps explain how a woman’s reproductive system works in a clear, concise manner using animation and art to make this complex system more clear? Would girls and women’s stories as case studies enhance the education you provide along with current literature and up-to-date news articles?
Whether used as a self-paced module or
with the whole class, the curriculum for the module A Woman's World: Discovering the
Dynamic Menstrual Cycle is designed to be adapted for educational
groups from 5th grade through university. Research using the module
demonstrated that college women had minimal knowledge of reproductive anatomy
and the menstrual cycle on pretest but, after engaging in the module for 25-30
minutes, had a significant increase in knowledge on the post test. The
experience of using the module was highly valued by the women. Students as
young as 5th grade have learned the basics of anatomy and physiology of the
female reproductive system and menstrual cycle, and have especially enjoyed the
games that go along with the module. The module can be used in the classroom or
individually studied. Use in the traditional classroom, home schooling,
nursing, physician assistant, human biology, medical programs, etc. has shown
the module to be effective and valued.
The animated, interactive CD, A Woman's World: Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle, includes:
- • Illustrations, art by an award winning human anatomy artist, computer graphics, and photos of the anatomy of the female reproductive system
- • Animation showing the dynamic cyclic nature of the menstrual cycle in a woman as it goes from the brain to the ovaries to the endometrial lining of the uterus
- • Animation of ovulation, nonfertilization, and fertilization of the egg with subsequent impact on the endometrial lining of the uterus, fertilization of the egg resulting in cell division and implantation of the embryo in the endometrial lining
- • Graphs with time series of the hormones as they increase and decrease throughout the cycle
- • Narration of the script. The script is also at the side of each page enabling the viewer to read as well as listen to the narration
Educator's Module – A Woman’s World:
Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle includes the following just for
- • Module with narration & script along the side without need for educator presentation. Works well for independent student learning or if educator wants to present to the class and add own thoughts at end of each slide.
- • Module without narration & script for educator to teach autonomously .
- • Puzzles
- • Curriculum including reference to exam items. Can be adapted to age group.
- • Exam items with answer key. Items have undergone item analysis.
PLEASE NOTE: The CD can also be
purchased individually. The COMPREHENSIVE
Educator’s Subscription Package includes:
- • Educator Module* - A Woman’s World: Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle
- • Stories of women’s experiences related to women’s health and/or life challenges
- • Webinars on selected women’s health themes
- • Women of A Certain Age – age specific information
- • Library of full-text articles, abstracts, reviews of books
- • Podcasts on themes
See Testimonials tab for reviews!
ONLY $74.95...DOWNLOAD THE EDUCATIONAL MODULE (Global)