The purpose of this health education module is to provide important health education for girls from middle school age and beyond. Whether taught by the mother or preferred home educator, the module is purely educational and can be taught within an environment conducive to the values of the home. When purchasing the module, free access is given to The Gathering Place website (WomensHealthDynamics.com) where more information can be learned by the mother and incorporated into the learning experience.
Mothers and daughters who have viewed this valuable resource in their homes have identified the value not only of the material but the special way in which they can be involved together and have meaningful discussions about the topic.
The animated, interactive CD, A Woman's World: Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle, includes:
- • Illustrations, both computer graphic and photo, of the anatomy of the female reproductive system
- • Animation showing the dynamic cyclic nature of the menstrual cycle in a woman as it goes from the brain to the ovaries to the endometrial lining of the uterus
- • Animation of ovulation, nonfertilization, and fertilization of the egg with subsequent impact on the endometrial lining of the uterus, fertilization of the egg resulting in cell division and implantation of the embryo in the endometrial lining
- • Graphs with time series of the hormones as they increase and decrease throughout the cycle
- • Narration of the script. The script is also at the side of each page enabling the viewer to read as well as listen to the narration
Educator's Module – A Woman’s World:
Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle includes the following just for
- • Module with narration & script along the side without need for educator presentation. Works well for independent student learning or if educator wants to present to the class and add own thoughts at end of each slide.
- • Module without narration & script for educator to teach autonomously .
- • Puzzles
- • Curriculum including reference to exam items. Can be adapted to age group.
- • Exam items with answer key. Items have undergone item analysis.
Educator’s Subscription Package includes:
- • Educator Module* - A Woman’s World: Discovering the Dynamic Menstrual Cycle
- • Stories of women’s experiences related to women’s health and/or life challenges
- • Webinars on selected women’s health themes
- • Women of A Certain Age – age specific information
- • Library of full-text articles, abstracts, reviews of books
- • Podcasts on themes
See Testimonials tab for reviews!
ONLY $19.95...DOWNLOAD THE EDUCATOR MODULE (Global)
The Gathering Place provides on-going case studies, evidence-based research, educational tools, resources and information.
Click here for your benefits of membership!